Dog Adoption Application
Thank you for your interest in adopting a dog from Animal Allies Rescue Foundation (AARF). At the heart of our work is ensuring that each AARFie is matched with a family that is going to be their forever family. The application process is the first step in helping us understand you, your home, and factors that may help us determine if this dog is a great match for you — or, help you find a fit that will be. Please complete all the information on the following pages; missing information may delay the adoption screening process.
- AARF only adopts within the Baltimore metro region. In rare circumstances, we will consider homes in closer areas of DC, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Northern Virginia. This is due to the required home visit and long term ability to support the adoption. If you live outside of an hour radius of Baltimore, it is unlikely that your application will be approved.
- Completion of this application form does not guarantee AARF will place one of our dogs in your care. Many of our animals receive multiple applications, and we evaluate each applicant on fit for the specific animal (not first come first serve).
- Completion of this questionnaire authorizes AARF to verify any information contained herein, including verification of medical records of any present or prior pets treated by the veterinarians listed.
- Completion of this adoption application is an indication that the information contained within this application is accurate and not misleading in any way.
- All adoptions are at the sole discretion of AARF.
We also remind you that animals are not a short-term commitment, and as such, please give careful consideration to adopting an animal. Make sure your lifestyle allows the time, patience and expenses this animal will need over the years.
We look forward to reviewing your application.